A chance to learn about the fascinating world of Ice Age Ponds, how they were formed, their wildlife and geological origins, and how we can help to conserve them for future generations. Learn why they are so special and how to identify the wildlife that can be found.
Morning Indoor Session
- Introduction to the Ice Age in Herefordshire and the landforms it left behind
- Introduction to Pond Ecology
- Introduction to field survey techniques for Ecology and for Geology
- Practical demonstration and chance to have a go at doing Geological recording, soil core samples using augers, GPS recording of water levels and water quality testing.
- Practical demonstration of Ecological recording techniques, habitat mapping, dipping for invertebrates.
- Training in the use of GPS, Water quality meters etc will be given.
Training lasts from 10.00am – 4.00pm and all equipment, plus hot drinks and biscuits will be provided. You will need to bring suitable outdoor clothing and a packed lunch.
These training sessions are all free but places are limited and booking is essential.
To book your place or find out more details please contact David on 01432 356872 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org